Monday, September 22, 2008

10 Ways to Grill a Giant (Session 2.5)


The following exchange of information was done via e-mail in between gaming sessions. I've attempted to sort the messages in chronological order.

Yukon says:
When we question my former drinking buddy (read "Gaddor"), I want to know where the half orc is heading, was it him that cast the illusion, and if not then who. Where is the hostage, what is holding him, how many and what, specifically mages, and what they are likely to do with him out of the fight. Also does he have any connection or knowledge of the goblin stuff we were hearing about up north.
If he cooperates I say we take him to town and turn him over to the guards since we have lost the speed element anyway. If he doesnt, I say Sophia can remove whichever parts of his body she wants and I will heal him so he has to live that way.

Told him he werent no damn bumble.

GM says:
He has no idea where the 1/2 orc is heading. He has the hostage. If you let him go, he'll tell you where.

Sophia says:
Well for starters, who does he work for? What are the reasons for the raids and why did he kidnap Branod? What are we getting in trade for getting involved? Sophia gets dibs on his room! Good house to stay in!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOO That's right! When we're done questioning him: off with his gaint head

Flick says:
Why did he take the hostage in the 1st place?

GM says:
Gaddor was paid by house Vollis.

Yukon says:
"Its time for Sophia to remove his manhood before we let him go. I'll patch him.
That grumpy ole dwarf I used to partner up wit sez that once a giant's lost his nuts, they cooperate."

{Mike cast compel truth on this guy, and then mind rape him. Or we will get diddly out of him}

Estenel says:
Have Sophia threaten to turn him into a barrow. While she’s doing that, Estenel will cast Compel Truth on him. If he refuses to talk (I’m guessing he’ll be concentrating on trying to *not* talk), Estenel will cast Mind-Reading on him as Sophia et. al. are badgering him for information on why he kidnapped Branod and where he is now being kept. These two pieces of information, I’m guessing would be at the forefront of his thoughts.

Sophia says:
if oger (I think he means "giant") has him, then why? How many people is the 1/2 orc going to bring back? When they can't find their missing guy ("missing guy" = Branod, I think) because we've got him, what are they going to do? Whose plan was it to take him (main leader guy)? (okay... he definitely means "Branod") How much is the ransom (I need some cash HA HA! )? Each answer I do not like, he loses a finger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (insert evil laughter here)

GM says:
1. Because he was paid to.
2. Has no idea where the 1/2 orc is going.
3. House Vollis.
4. He was paid to take him prisoner, not ransom him.

Sophia says:
If Branod is a prisoner, how long was Gaddor going to keep him and what was he going to do with him? After all, Gaddor can't keep Branod forever. If Gaddor is being paid for this gig, would he, for the right money, jump to the other side?

Estenel says:
Sounds to me like this giant is a mercenary. I don’t think he’s on anyone’s “side” except his own… it just so happens that House Vollis was his most recent paying gig.

Last question as far as I’m concerned: where is Branod being held now and how is he being guarded?

GM says:
If he tells you, will you let him go?

Sophia says:
How many people are guarding Branod, and where? But I still get his king size bed... I mean, giant sized bed. I think we should hold up in his house and send a rider back to town and bring brother (whose brother?) and whatever help he can bring.

Estenel says:
Yes, I will tell Gaddor that if he tells us where Branod is being held and who/what is guarding him, then we will let him go. And, I will tell Gaddor that House Vollis will not learn of this exchange by any of our means, provided we all go our separate ways. Estenel will tell Gaddor if we so much as get wind that he is seeking revenge on us, we will go to House Vollis and tell them of what we have learned here.

Estenel's internal monologue: The way I see it, Gaddor is just a merc. He is most likely really horked off that we eliminated this job for him. But, I'm going to bank that he is more afraid of the prospect of one of his more powerful employers (House Vollis) finding out that their anonymity has been compromised.

GM says:
He agrees to those conditions.

No comments: